Richard J. Driscoll, Consulting Engineer (RJDCE) offers a variety of specialty engineering and construction risk management services applicable to public works projects. RJDCE also provides forensic engineering and construction risk management services. RJDCE’s primary differentiator is the practice’s rigorous and holistic approach to interdisciplinary problems of foundations, geostructural systems, earth-retention and underground structures for which RJDCE seemlessly integrates structural and geotechnical engineering and risk management.
In support of municipal, county, state and federal projects, RJDCE has served as a consultant to other design professionals and has provided engineering design and consulting services to construction contractors.
- Communications Tower Rehabilitation, Orange County, New York: Rock anchor design submittal for specialty contractor.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion, Washingtonville, New York:
Rock anchor design submittal for specialty contractor.
- Wastewater Treatment Plan Clarifier Weir Covers: Westchester County, New York: Review of vendors’ shop drawings and submittal for
aluminum cover system. properitary
- Amtrak Project, Rensselaer County, New York: Evaluated field conditions related to foundations on a weathered rock slope for
- Sewer Regulator Rehabilitation, Westchester County, New York: Consulting to prime design consultant regarding below-ground regulator structure, including scoping of supplemental geotechnical exploration.
StateUniversity of New York – Clinton Community College:
Shear wall tiedown design submittal for
- Build-It-Back Program (City of New York program funded by Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery), Brooklyn, New York. Structural and foundation engineering consulting for architect subconsultant. Provided pre-proposal consulting, staff orientation for field surveys and type studies for foundation and structural systems.