Specialty foundation contractors often need engineering support to be able to offer “turn-key” solutions that economically satisfy project requirement, while being coordinated with their capabilities, equipment and preferred proprietary systems. For some projects, submission of design calculations and engineered working drawing submittals are required by contract.
Richard J. Driscoll, Consulting Engineer (RJDCE) offers a holistic approach to specialty foundation engineering and can assist specialty foundation contractors to solve a variety of construction problems. Unlike some firms offering “geostructural” engineering to contractors, RJDCE also provides true structural engineering capabilities and can also assist clients to manage risk associated with their means and methods and respond to adversity with forensic services. In addition, RJDCE has particular experience with the challenges of foundation construction in the urban environment.
RJDCE’s services for specialty foundation contractors include:
- Geotechnical and structural analysis and design :
- Excavation Support
- Bracing and shoring
- Soil and rock anchors
- Soil nail systems
- Top-down foundation elements (secant piles, diaphragm walls, etc.)
- Incidental structural elements and connections
- Temporary support facilities
- Delegated design submittals, including sealed calculations and working drawings
- Construction impact assessment of adjacent structures
- Forensic engineering investigations