Richard J. Driscoll, Consulting Engineer (RJDCE) provides structural and foundation engineering services, specializing in managing the technical challenges and risks associated with foundation systems, below ground structures and construction in the urban environment. The practice uses technical knowledge and experience to solve problems that require confronting uncertainty, in which qualitative understanding of the problem and its site-specific constraints, as well as practical application of engineering judgment, are crucial. Rather than take a one-size-fits-all approach, each engagement is approached individually with the recognition that the objectives, constraints and stakeholder risk profiles are unique to each.
RJDCE has completed a diverse variety of engagements in connection with residential, commercial and institutional buildings, as well as water, wastewater and transportation infrastructure. Headquartered in Lebanon, NH, the practice serves owners, design professionals, contractors and other project stakeholders, in several northeastern and mid-Atlantic states and the District of Columbia.
RJDCE adds value to project engagements through the following:
- An integrated, multidisciplinary approach to foundations, below-ground structures and urban construction impacts, through structural, geotechnical, construction and forensic engineering services.
- High-value, project-specific technical solutions and risk management, to increase the performance and lower the cost and/or risk of foundations, below-ground structures and urban construction.
- A holistic risk management perspective that is integrated with engineering services to provide reliable and cost-effective measures to control the effects of uncertainty.
The practice and its ownership are affiliated with several professional and industry organizations, including:
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Structural Engineering Institute
- American Railway Engineering and Maintenance of Way Association
- Deep Foundation Institute
- Structural Engineers Association of Metropolitan Washington